Monday, September 14, 2020

Introducing Ms. Sierra

Hello Everyone!

My name is Sierra, and I'm going to be the Spanish Teacher for the 2021-2022 school year.

I wanted to introduce myself a little. Here are some fun facts about me:

  • My name, Sierra, comes from the Sierra Nevada mountain range in California. My mom watched a National Geographic documentary on the mountains, and fell in love with the name.
  • I live in Clarksville, TN but I'm from ALL OVER. You could call me an Army Brat. My dad's career with the military allowed us the opportunity to move to many places when I was growing up. We even lived in Germany for 3 years!
  • I spent a LONG TIME in school. I have a B.S. in English Education, a B.S. in Theater Arts, and a M.S. in Business Administration. I love to learn!
  • My husband (Dustin) and I have 2 daughters. 
 
  • Our oldest daughter is Persephone (like the Greek Goddess of Spring!). 

  • Our youngest daughter is Eowyn (like the shield maiden from the Lord of the Rings book series!).
  • We have 5 pets in my family - 4 cats and 1 dog. 
Briar - our lazy, fat cat. We found him in the brier patch in our yard.
Isis - a grey Siamese; named after an Egyptian Goddess.
Nebi - our mischievous black cat who likes to get into EVERYTHING. Her full name is Nebetit, which is Egyptian for "panther."
Velma - a colorful calico; named after the Scooby-Doo character Velma because her fur is orange and brown.
Ripley - our playful German Shepherd puppy!
  • My favorite color is blue!
  • My favorite animal is the cat (but I really like dinosaurs too!).
  • My favorite food is Italian.
  • My hobbies include reading, crafting, watching movies, and playing video games. 
I look forward to learning more about each one of you in the days to come. I promise we will have a fun-filled school year!




Welcome Back!

   I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year! Our first day back from our Winter Break will be a half day. Dismissal times ...